Onboard Placement Process
The following summary outlines the onboard placement process for graduates of EMTI’s maritime training program:
- Upon successful completion, EMTI, through its affiliated company EMA Ethiopian Maritime Agency GmbH, provides Cadets employment with major international shipping companies.
- Employment on vessels is based on world renowned shipping companies associated with EMTI.
- Typically, Cadets work and train onboard a commercial vessel for 12-months.
- A Cadet’s salary during this period is determined by the respective shipping companies.
- After the 12-month Cadet experience, graduates achieve the rank of OOEW Officer after successfully passing the Junior Officer Exam and being promoted by the shipping company.
- Promotion opportunities become available based on experience, performance and onboard availability. The career platform includes promotions to 3rd Engineer. Furthermore, 2nd Engineer and Chief Engineer promotions are based upon successfully passing the qualification exams.